Herbal Cough Syrup Recipe
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 quart of filtered water
- ¼ cup Ginger Root (fresh grated or dried)
- ¼ cup Chamomile Flowers
- ¼ cup Marshmallow Root
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup honey
- Pour the water into a medium saucepan and add the dried herbs.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until the volume is reduced by about half. (You will need 1 cup of liquid after herbs are strained off)
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove herbs (compost the herbs!).
- While liquid is still warm (not boiling) mix with lemon juice and honey and stir well.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 months.