Your skin is an excretory organ that mirrors the condition of your intestines. When you take a salt water (brine) bath, the salt minerals penetrate your skin in form of ions. This stimulation will cause natural cell growth in your living cell layers. Bio-energetic weak points will be balanced and your body's energy flow will be activated. While anyone can benefit from a brine bath, it is particularly soothing for those with:
- Various skin diseases
- Rheumatism and joint diseases
- A post-operative care regimen
- Gynecological diseases
- Recurring infections
- Severe insect bites, blisters or wounds
- Skin irritations from poison oak, ivy or sumac
Do not use any bath additives, soaps, or oils. Your bath should last 20 to 30 minutes. During this time, the temperature and the makeup of the brine bath is comparable to the amniotic fluid in which the embryo floats in the prenatal state. Do not shower off, simply dry off with a towel. After your brine bath, you should rest for at least 30 minutes.
WARNING: While brine baths have a positive effect on many ailments, they are also demanding on your circulatory system. If you suffer from weak or poor heart circulation, always consult your doctor first.
To use the Himalayan Bath Salt for therapies you can follow these steps:
- Loosely fill a closable glass container (Mason jar) with several crystal salt stones. Add natural spring water or purified water, completely filling the container.
- After approximately 24 hours, look to see if the salt crystals have completely dissolved. If so, add a few more crystals. When the water can no longer dissolve any more salt, the salt crystals will sit at the bottom of the jar without dissolving. At this point the solution will have become saturated at 26%, and is ready for use.
- The glass can be refilled again and again with water and salt, continuing this process. This brine solution is completely sterile and germ-free allowing it to be stored for years in a closed glass container without changing or decomposing.
- There are many ways to directly experience the natural medicinal potency of brine including drinking it and seasoning your favorite foods with it, bathing in the brine solution, and inhaling steam from brine. You can also use the Himalayan Crystal Salt to substitute for cooking salt, but it should not be heated over 42º Celsius.
- Acne - Try a brine face wash, or the Himalayan Crystal Salt mixed with fragrance free, natural soap as a face or body scrub.
- Ear Infections- Use the brine as eardrops for ear infection.
- Foot Fungus- Soothe your feet with a brine foot soak.
- Motion Sickness - Try wearing salt in a pouch around your neck for its energetic balancing properties.
- Nasal Congestion - Try a nasal wash with a few grains of crystal salt in ¼ cup of warm water.
- Psoriasis - Rub brine directly on the affected skin and let dry.
- Sore Throats - Gargle with warm brine solution, but don't swallow.
[via Food Matters]