Here are 15 recipes that prove pumpkin is the best – a great way to enjoy the chilly weather for dinner, breakfast and dessert.
Pumpkin is one of those things that just keeps giving this time of year: You can transform their cheery orange faces into Jack o'lanterns, use the flesh of the pumpkin for recipes, and even toast the seeds for a delicious snack. Whatever your preference, you're bound to see a whole bunch of pumpkin at your grocery store this time of year.
Shopping for Pumpkin & Pumpkin PureeRemember when shopping for pumpkin, make sure you choose the right kind for baking and cooking.
While some recipes ask for whole pumpkin, many recipes (especially pumpkin desserts) will call for pumpkin puree. This is something you could buy at a store, but it's also easy to make at home.
|Pumpkin Muffins with Eggnog Cream Cheese Swirl|
Recipes with Whole Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Chili
- Miso Pumpkin Soup
- Korean Pumpkin Porridge with Rice Dumplings (Hobakjuk)
- Roasted Red Kuri Pumpkin & Coconut Soup
|Baked Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal|
Breakfast and Dinner Recipes with Pumpkin Puree
- Baked Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Pumpkin & Ricotta Pasta Casserole
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Chunk Pancakes
- Pumpkin Muffins with Eggnog Cream Cheese Swirl
- Cran-Walnut Pumpkin Toasting Bread
- No-Knead Pumpkin Rolls with Brown Sugar Glaze
|Gluten-Free and Vegan Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Bars|
Pumpkin Puree Desserts
- No-Bake Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
- Gluten-Free and Vegan Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Icing & Ginger Caramel
- Ginger Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
[via The Kitchn]