Peppermint tea is more than just plain delicious. It has been proven to have some fairly amazing health and beauty benefits. From the tips of your hair to the tips of your toes and everything in between, let peppermint tea bestow its healing powers on you!
1. Stress ReliefWhen it comes to stress and anxiety, peppermint tea is one of your best allies. The menthol that is naturally present in the tea is a muscle relaxant; the relaxation of the muscles can be an enormous component of natural stress and anxiety relief... not to mention falling asleep!
Drinking peppermint tea before bed has been proven to give you a more restful sleep. Not only does the relaxation of the muscles lead to more restful sleep, the tea has properties that can even help you dream more vividly.
2. Sinus ReliefThe season of constant colds and flus has begun, so let peppermint tea become part of your evening routine. Not only does the consumption of any warm liquid, such as tea, help you clear your sinuses and soothe sore throats, peppermint tea in particular is a known natural decongestant.
3. Weight LossWhen it comes to weight loss, there's no all-natural miracle. But you can get some help from peppermint tea! Peppermint tea can act as an appetite suppressant, making it easier to stick to your healthy eating goals. Drinking a blend of peppermint tea and green tea can help increase your metabolism as well, making it easier to shed extra pounds.
4. Skin-ClearingIf you suffer from hormonal skin problems such as acne, peppermint tea could be a natural solution. Peppermint tea offers a slight boost in estrogen levels to some drinkers, which can help curb these hormonal problems and aid in clearing up acne. If you really want to make sure that you’re reaping all the benefits, try adding peppermint tea to your bath water. It can help soothe burns and rashes as well as other skin inflammations.
5. Stomach ProblemsIf that wasn’t enough, peppermint tea is also a great natural remedy for certain stomach ailments, including bloating and gas. Having a cup of tea in the evening before bed can help soothe these problems, making it easier to digest and fall asleep.
[via Organic Authority]